Friday 16 April 2010

Endorsement application successful!

It has been a great day today. We got the proofs from the printers on the leaflets (limited print run as the finances dictate), but we needed to make some alterations - not least that we can now add that I am endorsed by the Independent Network. News came through this afternoon so I'm really very pleased. I'm not lacking in self-belief, but it's nice to know that someone else believes in you enough to say that yes, you would make a good MP. I want to say thanks to those who wrote me such glowing references as well.

It's nice to know that myself, Paul Edwards, and other Independents here in Cheshire are not just an outpost comprising of a few people standing against the system, but that there is a growing network of Independents across the country.

I've already had a few phone calls from voters eager to find out what I'm all about. I'm glad people are taking me up on the invitation to get in touch at any time. I was also happy to pick up some case work for a Crewe and Nantwich resident today who was unhappy with the way his case had been dealt with in the constituency. Hopefully I can get him a positive outcome, as I never take 'no' for an answer like some other councillors/politicians will if it means they can just close the door on a case.


So I'll be out and about in Crewe hopefully tomorrow with a few leaflets run off my own computer (however I'm having significant technical issues as we speak, so it may be me minus leaflets). It will be our first day of street level campaigning, so will be an opportunity to gauge some reaction from the public. Looking forward to it very much.

No comments: