Monday 22 March 2010

Why I'm standing as an Independent in Crewe & Nantwich

As a Cheshire East Independent councillor, it is out of the question that I'd ever align myself to one of the major parties simply to gain political recognition. I am standing as an Independent during this election because I want to represent the people of Crewe & Nantwich rather than be a puppet for our country’s main party leaders.

When the expenses scandal blew up last year, the public was crying out for reform of the whole political system. However, time has a way of rendering us less angry. I want to remind people that there can still be another way, a different kind of political system that genuinely works for the good of the people. We will never get there unless we begin to take the first steps. Let’s show our disapproval of the two-party system and make a move towards real democracy.

I grew up in Nantwich and lived there until my late twenties, so have a genuine love of the area and people, and still think of it as ‘home’. I truly hope that you will vote for me and give me the job of representing the constituency of Crewe and Nantwich in May.

No comments: